Saturday 18 February 2012

Hot Hair for Summer!

As we leave behind the colder months and start shedding a few layers, its nice to try some new looks! There's no easier place to start then with our hair!




Having been glued to the reports on New York Fashion week, I've noticed some new trends starting to emerge not only in clothes but in hairstyles


A key trend this season is the look of slicked back hair, or hair that looks wet, also known as the "wet look", since hair looks as if you just stepped out of the shower. 
To achieve this look use alot of product to simply wear your hair all slicked back. Im not sure if its a look I would be willing to try, as I think there could be a fine line between trendy and being mistaken for greasy!!

The center parting was seen in several shows.

To achieve this look part your hair straight down the middle. Then place you hair in a ponytail or wear it straight down to accentuate your center part. If the look of center parts aren't your thing, you can also try the extreme side part which is also being worn this season. To achieve this trend, place an extreme part on the right or left side of your hair, and pull all of your hair to the back or the side to accentuate the part.





One of my favorite new trends and one which I will definitely be trying is the beachy hair look.
Its so simple do do, just put some mousse into your hair when wet and let it dry naturally while tied into a loose plait! This will be really achievable if your hair is quite fine and long. Top off the look with a center parting!



4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure about that "wet look" idea , unless your a model walking down a runwy, I think it will defiantly be perceived as grease!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could pull off the middle parting! I look like I'm twelve again when I do it! Ha! Love the beach hair though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wet look is a definite no for me- looks totally greasy!!
    Would give anything to have hair like selena gomez!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the beach hair look!

    ReplyDelete